Dart, Pub and Cygwin

While I do most of my development on linux, I need to perform some testing on Windows where the result are sometimes different for io applications. To share some scripts between windows and linux, I tend to use bash scripts, which means using cygwin on Windows, however the current dart sdk (1.11.1 as of now) does not play well with cygwin. I used the the new chocolatey tool to install dart and dartium on windows (https://www.dartlang.org/downloads/windows.html) where they ended up in c:\tools

$ dart --version
Dart VM version: 1.11.0 (Wed Jun 24 06:44:48 2015) on "windows_x64"

$ pub
sh.exe": pub: command not found

Ouch! It seems that due to https://github.com/dart-lang/pub/issues/1120, pub is not supported on cygwin.

A simple script named pub solved the issue (added to my global path)

#!/bin/bash
SNAPSHOT="/c/tools/dart-sdk/bin/snapshots/pub.dart.snapshot"
dart "$SNAPSHOT" "$@"

I can now run pub run test without issues. however using -p dartium, it does not work properly (i'll try content-shell later)

Here the solution, like on linux is to have a dartium executable and add its folder to the global path

$ ln -s /c/tools/dartium/chrome.exe /c/tools/dartium/dartium.exe
export PATH=${PATH}:/c/tools/dartium

I can now properly run all my tests on windows

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Samba setup on Lubuntu

Soving AccessDenied on Google Cloud Storage domain mapping

Install Maven 3.1.1 on Ubuntu 13.10