Soving AccessDenied on Google Cloud Storage domain mapping

As I was facing this again trying to create amp pages for my main site www.tekartik.com, here is a concrete example for my changes

Adding the proper DNS redirection in my domain provider (OVH in my case)

www.tekartik.com. CNAME c.storage.googleapis.com.

This was first giving the error:

<Error>
  <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
  <Message>Access denied.</Message>
  <Details>Anonymous callers do not have storage.objects.list access to bucket www.tekartik.com.</Details>
</Error>

the solution was to configure my bucket as a website configuration:

gsutil web set -m index.html -e 404.html gs://www.tekartik.com

And to make all files I add public by default and not worry about ACL anymore, I can use

gsutil defacl ch -u AllUsers:R gs://www.tekartik.com

To make previous imported files public, I can use

gsutil -m acl -r set public-read gs://www.tekartik.com

Popular posts from this blog

Fixing "DerInputStream.getLength(): lengthTag=109, too big" in Android Studio

Simple Samba setup on Lubuntu